Burgers are a must for any good BBQ feast- but just because you don’t eat meat, doesn’t mean you should ever miss out.
Tempeh & Black Bean Burgers [Vegan]
- 7 oz (200g) tempeh
- 14.1oz (400g) tin black beans, drained
- 7 oz (200g) tin sweetcorn, drained
- Large handful coriander, finely chopped
- Large handful parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons aquafaba
- 1/2-1 teaspoon veggie rub spice
- Juice half lemon
- 2 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 2 teaspoons Miso paste
- 2-4 tablespoons ground almonds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Grilled burger buns
- Sliced tomato
- Sliced avocado
- Fresh lettuce and rocket
- Preheat your oven to 356°F (180°C). Line a baking tray with paper.
- Steam the tempeh for 7-10 minutes until softened.
- Place the softened tempeh into a high-processed blender along with the black beans, corn, coriander and parsley. Blend until well combined, but don’t process until completely smooth – you want a few chunks!
- Tip the mixture into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the aquafaba, veggie rub, lemon, Nutritional Yeast and miso, then season to taste. Stir through the ground almonds, one tablespoon at a time, until the mixture is firm enough to handle.
- Shape into burger patties, then lightly brush with olive oil. Place in the pre-heated oven to bake for 20-27 minutes, or until golden and crisp on the outside.
- Serve with toasted burger buns, fresh greens, avocado, tomato and ketchup.