This spinach muffin recipe is great for picky eaters because you can hide some veggies in it! Such a delicious way to enjoy spinach!
Spinach Muffins [Vegan]
- 4.2 ounces of fresh spinach (do not use frozen)
- 3.3 ounces of plant-based milk
- 2.7 ounces of brown rice syrup / agave nectar
- 6.3 ounces of bananas
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- 1 ounce of softened coconut oil
- 1.5 ounces of gluten free oats
- 1.4 ounces of cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- Turn on the oven at 350°F.
- Prepare muffin pans.
- Wash spinach and dry it with a cloth.
- In a chopper or a food processor, place the spinach leaves, oats, non-dairy milk, sweetener, coconut oil, vinegar, and bananas. Chop everything until you get it to a smoothie-like consistency.
- In another bowl mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt.
- Add the contents of the two bowls, add the vanilla extract and mix everything until you get a homogeneous dough. You do not need to knead the dough a lot as it does not contain gluten.
- Place in muffin tins and bake for 30 – 35 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before putting it on a cooling rack.
- Once cold, store in a closed box with a piece of paper on the bottom and another on top of the muffins. That way they will last longer.