Peaches are loaded with carotenes, flavonoids, lycopene and lutein, which are beneficial in warding off macular degeneration, cancer and heart disease.
Peaches N Cream Milkshake [Vegan]
- 1 cup of soy, almond or coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- 2 dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 can organic whole fat coconut milk
- 2-3 tablespoons pure maple syrup or agave syrup (depending on how sweet you like it!)
- drop of pure vanilla extract
- Smoothie: Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until frothy. Top with coconut whipped cream, coconut flakes and sliced fruit as desired.
- Coconut Whipped Cream: Place can of coconut milk in the refrigerator for a few hours or over night…the longer it is refrigerated the better! Open the can and scoop out the “cream” and reserve the coconut liquid for another use such as smoothies! Place the cream in a medium sized bowl, add a tablespoon of sweetener such as maple syrup or agave syrup and a drop of pure vanilla extract if desired. Using a hand-held mixer, whip until fluffy and peaks form.