This easy-to-make recipe is a kid-friendly finger food that they’ll love. Sugar-free, dairy-free, and vegan-friendly, this dessert will satisfy all dietary requirements in your house!
Monkey Bread [Vegan, Sugar-Free]
For the Monkey Bread:
- 3 cans pre-made biscuits dough (accidentally vegan)
- 1/2 cup sugar, sugar-free
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 3/4 cup golden sugar, sugar-free
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the Icing:
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sugar-free
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and generously grease a 12-cup fluted tube pan with a cooking spray of choice. In a large plastic bag, combine your classic sugar-free sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
- Open your biscuits and separate them into 10 biscuits. Cut each piece into quarters. Place the pieces into the bag and shake until well coated. You will have to repeat this step three times. Arrange the pieces into the fluted pan and coat /dust with any excess cinnamon sugar.
- Melt the butter and combine it with golden sugar to form a delicious paste. Pour the mixture into the fluted pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden and the dough is completely cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes. Use a spatula to loosen the edges. Place a plate to the top of the fluted pan and turn it upside down onto the serving plate. Don’t panic if any pieces have stuck, simply grab and reposition.
- Whip up the icing by adding all the ingredients to a medium-sized bowl till well combined. Drizzle on top of the Monkey Bread and enjoy warm!