This baked brie is rich, creamy, and garlicky. I love serving this luxurious cheese when entertaining in the cold winter months to soothe the soul. Tuck into this warming dish with fresh baguette or crackers and a glass of red wine.
Luxurious Baked Brie [Vegan]
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 6 cloves garlic, divided
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup tapioca powder
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teapsoons fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon white miso
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Place the cashews in a small bowl and add boiling water to cover. Soak for 1 hour, then drain. (Alternatively, soak the cashews in room-temperature water to cover for at least 6 hours or overnight, then drain.)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Chop 3 cloves of the garlic and add to a high-speed blender along with the cashews, water, tapioca powder, tahini, nutritional yeast,
apple cider vinegar, salt, and miso. Blend on medium-high speed until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Pour the cheese mixture into a 7½ x 2-inch round brie baking dish.
- Thinly slice the remaining 3 garlic cloves and arrange them on top of the cheese. Sprinkle with the thyme. Bake, uncovered, until the cheese has formed a skin on the top and is lightly brown around the edges, 25 minutes.
Store the cheese, covered with reusable wrap, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat in the oven at 350°F (180°C) for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
If you prefer a less garlicky brie, you can skip the sliced garlic topping.