Light And Easy Lasagna
- 3 MD Onions, chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 56 oz Italian-style plum tomatoes, undrained
- 24 oz Italian tomato paste
- 1 c Chopped fresh parsley
- 2 ts Dried leaf oregano, crushed
- 1/2 ts Dried leaf thyme, crushed
- 1/2 ts Dried marjoram, crushed
- 1/2 ts Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 lb Lasagna noodles
- 1 lb Part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 lb Part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz Imported Parmesan cheese, grated
Put onions and garlic in large saucepan. Cook, covered, over low heat until tender, adding a little water if necessary to prevent scorching. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, oregano, thyme, marjoram and pepper. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, about 2 hours.
Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water until al dente, about 12 minutes. Drain in colander; rinse with cold water. Drain well.
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cover bottom of lightly oiled 13 by 9-inch baking dish with 1/4 of the sauce. Add layer of lasagna noodles. Top with 1/3 of the ricotta cheese, then 1/3 of the mozzarella. Sprinkle with 1/4 of the Parmesan cheese.
Cover with 1/4 of the sauce. Repeat procedure 2 more times. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese on top.
Bake until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted, about 45 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Please share & enjoy!
Find more great recipes at…