This pasta is made with a deep rich sauce using hummus as a base. The pasta is made with a load of vegetables, garlic, and sun-dried tomatoes. The sauce is rich and soft. It is for days when you want to cook and make sure the family is well fed that this pasta dish comes in handy.
Creamy Linguini With Vegetables [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 10 ounces dried linguini (gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped rosemary
- 4 scallions chopped, white and green parts separated
- 1 cup of chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup of mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped asparagus
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 1/2 cup hummus, homemade or store bought
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds or pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Red onion
- Heat plenty of water in a large cooking pot. Add in 1 teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil and cook the linguini for about 7 minutes, until al dente. Reserve about 1 cup of the water and drain.
- In a large wok or cooking pot, heat the olive oil and add in the garlic and gently toast until fragrant for about 45 seconds. Add the red onion and sauté for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add in the rosemary and the scallion greens and cook for another minute.
- Add in the broccoli, mushrooms, asparagus, and sun-dried tomatoes and cover and cook for 4 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix the hummus with the reserved cup of pasta water.
- Add the linguini to the broccoli mixture and toss well. Add in the hummus sauce and mix well. Add in the scallion greens, almonds or pine nuts, red pepper flakes, and the chopped cilantro and mix well. Serve immediately.
Per Serving: Calories: 448 | Carbs: 57 g | Fat: 19 g | Protein: 13 g | Sodium: 63 mg | Sugar: 6 g Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.