These collard greens are simple to make and delicious to eat!
Collard Greens [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, minced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds of collard greens
- 5 mini sweet peppers, minced
- 3 celery stalks minced
- 2 tablespoons of mushroom seasoning
- 2-3 tablespoons Salt (use your taste)
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 3 drops of Liquid Smoke Seasoning
- Mince all veggies except greens in a food processor.
- Roughly chop greens. If you want very soft greens, remove the green stems. Save them for juicing or a smoothie later.
- Take the processed veggies and place them in a pressure cooker with olive oil. Sauté on medium heat.
- Slowly add in roughly chopped greens. Cover the greens with sautéed veggies.
- The liquid will start to form on the bottom.
- Slowly add in more greens & keep stirring. Add salt to allow more water to draw out of the veggies.
- Cover with lid and cook with low pressure for 12 minutes.