These creamy and naturally sweetened vegan ice cream bars will satisfy your sweet tooth and keep you feeling refreshed all summer long. They are naturally sweetened with dates, which gives them a nice caramelly flavor.
Chocolate Coconut Ice Cream Bars [Vegan]
For the Ice Cream:
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 3/4 cup raw cashews (soaked for at least one hour)
- 7 Medjool dates (soft and gooey + pits removed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the Chocolate Coating:
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 7 ounces dark chocolate
- Soak the cashews for at least one hour before blending, then discard the water.
Add the cashews, coconut milk, dates, and vanilla to a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Divide the ice cream mixture into 4 popsicle molds and place in the freezer overnight (or until the ice cream is frozen).
- Once the ice cream is frozen, prepare the chocolate coating. Melt the coconut oil and chocolate over low heat in a saucepan until smooth.
- Prepare a baking sheet with four square cutouts of parchment paper. The parchment cutouts are where the dipped bars will be placed to go back into the freezer to set. Remove the ice cream bars from the freezer and run them under hot water to loosen them from the molds.
- Pour the chocolate from the pan into a separate bowl. Hold the ice cream bars over the empty pot (where you melted the chocolate), and then pour the chocolate from the bowl over the ice cream bar. Continue to transfer the chocolate in the pot back into a bowl and then pour it over an ice cream bar one at a time. Optional: place crumbled nuts and a pinch of sea salt on each bar before the chocolate sets.
- Once coated, place the ice cream bar on a piece of parchment paper on the baking sheet. Once all four bars are coated, place the baking sheet in the freezer for 20-30 minutes or until the chocolate has set.
- Take the bars out of the freezer and let them thaw for a few minutes before enjoying.