These vegan magnums are super chocolaty, creamy, naturally sweetened, healthy, tummy-friendly, and so delicious!
Chocolate and Strawberry Vegan Magnum Ice Creams [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Chocolate Ice Cream:
- 1 can (400ml) coconut milk
- 50 ml maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3.5 ounces vegan dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
For the Strawberry Filling:
- 3.5 ounces strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
For the Chocolate Shell:
- 10.5 ounces vegan dark chocolate
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
To Make the Chocolate Ice Cream:
- In a medium-size pot, whisk together the coconut milk, maple syrup, cocoa powder, cornstarch, and salt. Add the chopped chocolate.
- Set the pot over medium-high heat and cook, constantly stirring, until the mixture thickens and the chocolate has melted about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, whisk in the vanilla. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
To make the Strawberry Filling:
- In a saucepan, add the strawberries and maple syrup. Let it simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Stir frequently, mashing the strawberries as you stir. Once the strawberries start to soften, transfer them to a blender. Blend to make a smooth spread.
- Fill your ice cream molds with the chocolate ice cream about half full, then drizzle the strawberry filling, and in the end, pour another layer of the chocolate ice cream. Or until your molds are full.
- Place them in the freezer for at least 3 to 4 hours. Then prepare your dipping sauce.
To make the dipping sauce (chocolate shell):
- Melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil over a warm bath or in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Pour the mixture in a taller bowl or glass that will allow dipping in the ice creams.
- Take the ice creams out of the freezer. Start dipping them in the melted chocolate and place them over a plate covered with baking paper. It would be best if you did this quickly so the ice cream doesn’t start to melt. Once all the ice creams are covered with chocolate, place them back in the freezer. Keep in the freezer until ready to eat!