If you like tahini you will love this nutty black tahini toast. The spread is made with black sesame seeds, sesame oil, optional roasted garlic, and sea salt. Spread onto a slice or two of toasted bread and top with sliced cucumber, micro arugula, a drizzle of olive oil, and a sprinkle of sea salt.
Black Tahini Toast [Vegan]
For the Black Tahini:
- 1.5 cups black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 or 2 cloves roasted garlic optional
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
For the Toast:
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- micro arugula
- drizzle of olive oil
- sprinkle of sea salt
- 2 slices bread
- Blend all tahini ingredients together in a food processor. Make sure to scrape down the sides frequently. Blend until the ingredients are incorporated and smooth – the longer you blend the softer and creamier the spread gets. Add to a jar and store in the fridge for up to a few weeks.
- Toast your bread and thinly chop your cucumber. For best results, use a mandolin.
- Spread the black tahini on your toasted bread and save the rest in the fridge. Top with the sliced cucumber, micro arugula, a drizzle of olive oil, and a sprinkle of sea salt.