A spin on your traditional pesto pasta, this pasta dish includes an ultra-creamy basil avocado sauce that is too good.
Avocado Pasta [Vegan]
- 1 stem of 7-8 cherry tomatoes
- Flesh from 1 medium avocado
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed, fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 8 oz. pasta of choice (I used penne)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Add tomatoes to a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes or until blistered and juicy.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, prepare the pasta sauce. Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend on high until creamy.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and add back to the cooking pot. Add the avocado sauce and stir to coat the pasta.
- Serve pasta with roasted tomatoes, freshly cracked black pepper, and chopped fresh basil.