This salad is quick and easy to make and the only ingredient that needs to be cooked is the quinoa. It makes enough that you can share it with your family and have left overs to continue enjoying it the next day.
Apple Quinoa Salad [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth or water
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 celery sticks diced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 apple or pink lady apple diced
- 1 can pigeon peas
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar or vegan honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small pot, add the vegetable broth and quinoa and cook according to the instructions on the package.
- Let the quinoa cool down.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked quinoa, almonds, celery, cranberries, garlic, apple, pigeon peas, parsley, lemon juice, agave nectar, olive oil and salt.
- Toss all of the ingredients together.
- Cover the salad and place in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
- Serve chilled.
Learn more about the Rave™ apple here: www.stemilt.com/stem-blog/meet-rave-apple/